HSNB is taking safety precautions to protect and support our community, shelter animals, staff and volunteers. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following programs and services are available by appointment only:
HSNB is closed for regular walk-in adoptions, but we are scheduling meet and greets for cats and dogs. We are facilitating adoptions by appointment while still practicing physical distancing to keep our staff and community safe. Learn more here >>
You can help HSNB by fostering a shelter dog or cat. We are grateful to have received an outpouring of support from existing foster volunteers and candidates to help us with the animals in our shelter. At this time we are in need of foster parents for large dogs and nursing kittens. We will update this page as our needs change, so please check for new foster opportunities. To apply to be a foster volunteer, please click here.
Claim Lost Dogs
If you think your pet may be at our shelter, contact us right away by submitting this Lost Pet Form.
Make an appointment by submitting the lost/found form and send a photo of your pet to email@example.com.
Bring the following necessary items to claim your pet:
– Proof of ownership (dog license, vet records, photos, etc.).
– Proof of current rabies vaccination.
– Credit card or cash for the Return to Owner fee.
Found a stray dog in Vallejo? Click here to help reunite the pet with its owners.
We understand that sometimes unfortunate circumstances occur in life that require someone to have to give up their beloved family pet. We understand that parting ways with your pet can be especially difficult and we’re committed to working with you to ensure the best possible solution for you and your pet.
Please call our office 707-645-7905 to make an appointment to discuss surrendering your pet: Daily: 10:30 am – 4:30 pm, By Appointment Only
Here are some steps you can take before you surrender him/her:
Post a photo and bio of your pet on your social media channels.
– Talk to your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers or other social networks about your pet.
– Contact a breed-specific rescue if your pet meets the criteria.
Due to limited space, HSNB can not accept every animal brought to us. Therefore, we will only accept the surrender of owned cats and dogs by appointment only.
During your surrender appt, please be prepared for the following:
- Your pet will be handled and evaluated by a staff member to determine if safe and suitable for our adoption program.
- You will need to bring proof of ownership. This can be in the form of veterinary records, adoption papers, or bill of sale. Records need to be at least 30 days old and in the name of the person surrendering the animal.
- If your pet passes the assessment and is accepted, be prepared to pay the applicable surrender fee:
Community Pet Food Pantry
Are you experiencing financial hardship and in need of food for your pet? We have a supply of dog and cat food available. Please call (707) 645-7905 to make pick-up arrangements.