The Adoption Process
Due to the COVID-19 crisis we are moving our adoption application process online. Currently, it is a little cumbersome, so please bear with us during this transition. Please download and print the appropriate form:
Complete the form, scan it or photograph it. You will need to email it, along with a landlord letter or proof of homeownership to email@example.com.
- IF YOU RENT YOUR HOME: Renters need a letter from their landlord or property manager on letterhead, stating they are allowed to have a pet, and if there are any restrictions on breed or weight. Submit a copy of this letter with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring this letter with your application to your scheduled meet and greet appointment.
- IF YOU OWN YOUR HOME: Homeowners need to provide proof of ownership – a mortgage statement or property tax statement. Please submit a copy of either you’re your application to email@example.com
Bring proof of homeownership with your application to your scheduled meet and greet appointment.
Once the necessary documentation is received, an adoption counselor will contact you for an interview, to talk with you about available animals and to schedule a meet and greet appointment if there is a potential match.
All family members, including current dogs and cats, in your household will need to participate in the meet and greet appointment.
Please note that submitting an application means that you will be considered along with other applications, and we will select the application that provides the best outcome for the animal.
Cats – $80 and up.
Kittens six months or younger – $120 and up.
Dogs – $175 and up
Puppies six months or younger – $250 and up
- Once the adoption or “foster to adopt” is completed, there are no monetary refunds.
- All adoptions have a two week return policy. If you return the pet within the first two (2) weeks from the date of adoption you will be given a non-transferable exchange voucher for the amount of the adoption fee minus $20. This voucher can be used to adopt one other animal within six months. No monetary refunds will be given.
- After the two (2) week return period has passed, and you decide that you can no longer care for the pet, you agree NOT to rehome the animal without contacting HSNB to discuss options for returning it or rehoming. A $50 surrender fee will be charged if the animal is surrendered back to HSNB.
Adoption Fees Include
- Spay or neuter
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Registered microchip
- Health record
To apply to adopt an animal, please complete the adoption application above.
Additional Adoption Information
We test animals for the following:
Dogs: Good with other dogs, food aggression, reaction on leash, noting any other attributes we may know.
Cats: Good with other cats, litter box trained, noting any other attributes we may know.
To Meet Our Animals
Visit our available dogs and cats on our website:
To learn more about our available dogs, visit: http://hsnb.org/adoptable-dogs/
To learn more about our available cats, visit: http://hsnb.org/adoptable-cats/
If you see an animal you are interested in adopting, please complete application process above.
Humane Society of the North Bay
1121 Sonoma Blvd (corner of Sonoma Blvd and Solano Ave)
Vallejo, CA 94590 ( Google Map Link )
We are currently closed to the public but are adopting dogs and cats by appointment only.
No applications will be accepted through the mail or onsite at the shelter.
If you do not have the capabilities to complete and submit an application online, please call our office 707.645.7905 during office hours: 11 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., Tuesday through Sunday to make other arrangements.